So you’ve chosen a destination beach wedding. And now the question is do you want to show up to your wedding looking like a bronzed, sun-kissed local or don your fair skin? The choice is yours whether or not to “pre-tan.” And the best advice is to choose whatever will have you feeling like singing, “I feel pretty, oh so pretty!” 😉 So let’s assume for the sake of this post, that you decide to get your tan on. Here’s a list of the do’s and don’t’s for your beach wedding spray tan preparations:
Do’s and Don’t’s for a Beach Wedding Spray Tan :
DO :Try out your spray tan BEFORE your wedding day.
This allows you to make sure you like the idea AND make sure your make up matches your spray tan skin (picture “Snow White” face make up & “Pocahontas” tan body- yikes)! If this is not an option for you, consider nixing the idea. Mystic Tan is a spray tanning company with services across the country. The product is consistent from salon to salon. This means you can have a trial spray tan in your home town. Loving your beach-y glow? Check out these tanning salons in Destin and Panama City Beach , Florida to plan your tan. Most people look great with a spray tan, but give it try before your big day. AND go for the trial at least 3 weeks before your wedding. The spray tan can last up to 14 days and you won’t want a double spray tan. Can you say Oompa Loompa?
DON’T: Let the day(s) before your wedding be the first time you ever try a spray tan.
Bad idea. Like we just said, most people look great with a spray tan. But don’t take a chance on “most.”
DO : Tan 2-3 days BEFORE your wedding day.
The first day of spray tan leaves a distinct scent (along the same lines as hair salon after color treatment or nail salons and strong chemicals). Days 2 & 3 are ideal tan days. The tan is still fresh but after a shower or two is most natural looking.
DON’T: Get a spray tan the day of your wedding.
The spray tan may wear off on your beautiful white dress within the first few hours/day of tanning. And the first day is just a little smelly and unnatural. A shower will take care of that though!
DO: Plan your tan ahead of time. Tips for the day of your tan:
- The best time to tan is night time (read on and you’ll see why)
- You will want to take a shower, exfoliate, and be sure to NOT wear any lotions, deodorant, perfumes, cremes, make up.. you get the point. Bare skin.
- Stay dry- You MUST NOT get any part of your body wet within approximately 8 hours of tanning. This includes rain, little splashes from the hand washing sink, spilled drinks… again, you get the point. The water stops the tanning process. So unless you want to look like a polka dot princess, be sure to check the weather for rain and stay dry (easiest to do close to bed time and sleep for the “dry” time).
- Getting a manicure or pedicure? Do so BEFORE tanning. The scrubs and exfoliants used for your mani/pedi may wear away your foot/leg tan.
- Prepare what you’ll wear. You can wear a bikini, just panties, or sans clothing during the spray tan. Just consider your dress lines and straps.
DON’T: “Wing it.”
A spray tan isn’t really complicated, but to get the results you want, you need to follow the directions.
All this talk of tanning have you ready to get to the beach? Book your Destin Beach Wedding today!